Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November Reflections

November was an interesting month. It began with the election, which generated a lot of conversation. Teachers did an amazing job keeping the focus on the branches of government, citizenship, and the right to vote. Opinions about different candidates were redirected into positive ways we can support our community with words and actions.

The C.A.R.E. tee-shirt that we wear each Lower School Community Meeting says it all. I forgot how powerful the words were until I was wearing it while running errands after school. Several strangers nodded at me with smiles, and one woman placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "That is a wonderful shirt...what a powerful message." I went home and looked more closely at the back of the shirt and the words: participation, responsibility, tolerance, stewardship, courage, and collaboration had new meaning, especially all as pillars to the big idea...CITIZENSHIP. Wow! It made me proud to be a part of the Breck community. A community that cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment